HOW NIC'S DIET IS DIFFERENT
Nic’s Keto Diet (NKD) was developed in the light of a growing trend for keto dieting, for which there is now a multi-billion-dollar market in the United States alone. It is a simplified version of the original Keto Diet that still produces incredible results. It involves a combination of intermittent fasting, mindful eating and an emphasis on organic products.
The key features which distinguish my approach from other keto diets are:
- Its simplification of the process.
- The integration of intermittent fasting and exercise.
- The integration of Mindful eating.
- Much more emphasis on greens and vegetables (inspired by Dr.Berg* another inspirational keto and Intermittent fasting speaker).
Aside from keeping you healthy and adding variety, these foods help prevent constipation, which is often a problem with the Atkins and other low carb diets.
Mindfulness – focusing the attention on the present moment – is all the rage nowadays. It can be applied as much to eating and drinking as to anything else.
MINDFUL EATING involves:
- Eating slowly, without distraction.
- Paying close attention to the sensory qualities of your food: colour, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and texture. This makes eating a much more satisfying experience.
- Learning to distinguish between genuine hunger and ‘conditioned’ triggers for eating (e.g. “It’s 1pm so I must be hungry”).
- Stopping eating when you are full.
- Learning to deal with anxiety and guilt about food.
- Being aware of the effects different foods have on your feelings and well-being.
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is an important element of my diet. It’s not compulsory but it is hugely beneficial.
What is Intermittent Fasting? (IF)
- The voluntary withholding of food.
- It has been practiced throughout all of human history.
How it helps?
- Encourages your system to start using stored body fat as fuel.
- Helps to get you in ketosis and get you burning off excess body fat.
- Faster weight loss as fat is the body’s preferred fuel.
- Saves us time and money
Like intermittent fasting, exercise is a desirable aspect of the keto diet. Here are some of the benefits found when exercising:
– Speeds up the rate at which body fat is burnt.
– Helps lower metabolic age.
Please remember that when following the Keto lifestyle, exercise is desirable but not absolutely essential.